- Many New Zealanders are put off by the added expense of having to visit their GP for a shot.
- There is a general negative perception about the effectiveness of flu vaccines.
- The campaign needed the flexibility to move rapidly and change campaign messages should influenza progress to an epidemic.
- Communicate that the influenza shot this year included a vaccine against N1H1 (swine flu) virus strain.
- Increase year on year vaccinations by 10%
- Integrated Response: Radio was able to answer the brief with a combination of on-air and online solutions.
- Multi-Platform: Radio built mass awareness on-air then reinforced this with tailored display advertising on every radio site linking to client pages on both the TRN and Mediaworks: Radio corporate sites.
- Relevant and Targeted: We developed 15 unique banner executions, these were tailored to each site that they were appearing on using the same font and colour as the radio brand. This gave an implied association between the message itself and the radio brands.
- For 11 weeks the Ministry of Health ran an immunisation campaign over 15 radio station websites. There was also a general awareness campaign running on-air at the same time.
- Both TRN and Mediaworks built bespoke banners for each station website, the brief for the banners was to make them look and feel like a part of the station site so the message seemed to be coming from the stations themselves. This was achieved through using the same colour scheme and fonts as the station sites.
- These banners all linked through to custom built client pages that each network had built for this campaign and housed on their respective corporate sites. These pages carried general information, downloadable pamphlets, and even a ‘Fight the Flu’ game.
- 1.8 million page impressions of display were booked to drive traffic to these tailored client pages.
- Our radio websites delivered an additional 320,000 PI as part of this campaign.
- The client pages were visited 4,286 times over the campaign.
- The Click Through Rate for the banners was .20% well above industry norms. www.thecoast.net.nz had the strongest CTR of any site with .83%.
“Radio was a key part of the mix for the 2010 flu campaign, due to its reach, scalability, and credibility. We were impressed by the multi-network response to the brief, including the strong use of digital platforms to help deliver complex messages in a user friendly way.”
Grant Maxwell / Director / MEC