Graph showing Relationships around the TRB
- Flow of Awareness of Radio
- Flow of Spend
- Flow of Materials
TRB Ė a single source for radio advertising
New Zealand has a high number of radio frequencies (anecdotally, more per capita than any other country in the world). However, over 81% of those frequencies are covered by just 23 branded networks (6 independents and 17 owned by The Radio Network and MediaWorks: Radio).
Having large national networks, composed of many smaller markets, gives advertisers the opportunity to target audiences both niche and national - but it can also make the process seem a little daunting. Thatís where TRB comes in Ė we help advertisers navigate the New Zealand audio landscape.
The Radio Bureau represents New Zealandís commercial radio industry at a national level. TRB conducts marketing for the radio medium, and provides a complete and comprehensive single-source of services for advertising agencies - from analysing research data and developing radio strategies to planning and booking campaigns and sales promotions.
TRB is unique
The Radio Bureau is unique in the world in that it represents all of the countryís radio stations. Because of this scope, we can offer clear, unbiased, professional advice on the best use of radio.
TRB was formed in 1993 when two national radio sales organisations, PRISM and NZ Radio Sales, merged. The objective of the merger was to create an organisation that could focus on developing radio sales at a national level. In 2004, TRB became a joint venture of RadioWorks and The Radio Network.
The radio industry has maintained a constant share of advertising revenue of between 11% & 12% for the past 10 years. This is one of the highest share levels in the developed world. A large part of that success has been through TRBís provision of a single-source solution for national advertisers.
- Account Directors who are experts in radio, and focus on building campaigns that achieve the best possible results for clients.
- Dedicated Planners who use market analysis to help advertisers maximise results through choosing the right stations in the right markets.
- Promotions Specialists who co-ordinate all elements of national promotions with radio stations to take the hard work out of executing a major promotional idea.
- Branded Content Specialists who work closely with network programming, promotional and digital teams to develop larger concept 'beyond the spot' opportunities.
- Digital & Interactive Specialists who work alongside network digital teams to provide a single-point of contact for digital radio products and projects across all stations.
- TRB manages audio materials, station bookings and campaign post analysis.
- TRB promotes and markets radio, helping advertisers understand the medium through initiatives such as commissioned research projects.
- TRB inspires the creative use of radio through the monthly ORCAs(Outstanding Radio Creativity Awards).