3. Existing Songs
- Existing songs work well in radio advertising because many stations are music based.
- The familiarity of an existing song gives character to an advertising campaign.
- The emotion in a love song or the energy in a dance track will help define your brand personality.
- If the 'fit' isn't right for your brand, listeners will happily sing along but forget whom the ad was for.
- The costs for using an original track can be prohibitive so you may want to consider re-recording it.
- If you decide to re-record a track, consider a new arrangement. This will make the music more distinctive and your brand will be able to 'own' it.
- Avoid tweaking song lyrics to include your brand name.