- Testimonials are ideal for products that need to win over skeptical consumers or where the level of service is a key differentiator.
- Real voices can lack energy and the ability to tell a story so you need to be creative in how you use them.
- Starting the ad with an intriguing statement or using sound effects will help lift performance and give the ad texture.
- Care should be taken when editing testimonials, if the listener thinks that you have manufactured a sentence you will lose their trust.
- Studios can be intimidating so consider recording people on location, they will feel more relaxed so their performance will improve. Accidental background sounds will also give the testimonial authenticity.