7. Advertiser-voiced Commercials
- Many advertisers cannot resist the urge to voice their own ads.
- Advertiser voiced commercials make sense in the retail sector where the store is named after the owner or if you want to communicate a hands-on approach and experienced advice.
- If you are simply communicating price and product, the owner is rarely the best person for the job.
- Very few advertisers have what it takes to make a connection with the audience and most sound amateurish.
- Even with the most engaging and charismatic advertiser, the commercial still needs an idea.
- Consider asking the advertiser to interview a loyal customer or record them at home as they interact with their family.
- Ask advertisers to attempt a song or give a product demonstration on the radio.
- Being irreverent with the advertiser will add to their celebrity status give customers something to mention when they visit the store.